Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The 3 F's



Aleesha was born and brought up in Mumbai, India where she resides today. She is a 24-year-old working professional. Her life outside work revolves around what she likes to call the “3 F’s”: family, friends and food. Aleesha is very close to all her family members and spends most of her free time with them. Her hobbies include reading, swimming, watching movies, and traveling. A self confessed glutton, Aleesha considers good food to be her biggest poison. She claims that her “entire family’s life revolves around lunch and dinner plans.”

Aleesha also has quite an impressive travel log. A lot of her extended family lives outside of Mumbai and India. Since the age of 5, she has traveled on month long trips all over the globe. Having that said, Aleesha believes that the best way to explore a new place is by trying the local food. She has studied, lived and worked in the US for the past 5 years. The better half of these years have been spent in New York City, which she deems as a “traveler’s haven”. “No sight or sound is ever the same in that city.” When asked about traveling, Aleesha bursts with excitement. “Travelling has always been a lot fun for me since my family members always managed to take time off to visit each other. Sadly, that is not the same anymore. Everyone is busy with their own lives and agenda and I find it increasingly harder to get people together even for 2 days. With my friends, booking a weekend, is like a task on its own. Schedules need to be fixed months in advance. Plus, I feel like traveling is not as easy as it used to be, with all this additional security and steps each traveller needs to go through. Airports have become a nightmare. Traveling has definitely lost a lot of its original, untouched charm.”

Opportunity: Bring back the charm of travel, the good old fashioned way! Opportunity: Take time off together

When Aleesha thinks of the world travel, these are the thoughts that go through her mind:
Harsher security, expensive, hard to get people together – coordinate schedules, forex services, delays, boredom at airports, lounges reserved especially for executive travellers, racism, air sickness, discomfort, moody, dry skin, leg aches, back aches, jetlag, anticipation, anxiety, eagerness, no connection with anyone for that particular time (little or no communication with loved ones), safety (terrorism), PEOPLE, life.

Opportunity: Make the world feel safe again!

She says, “The reason I say travel makes me think about life, is because somehow (maybe because I have a lot of time to myself while traveling) I think about where my life has been in the past few years and where it is headed towards. My daily life focuses on routine, getting work done, meeting family, friends etc..fleeting pleasures. It is only when I am alone, watching people that I begin to question my very existence. Airports have a sort of nervous claim on me that is weirdly motivating. I like seeing people from all rings of life, poor, rich , educated, world travelers, walking up and down airport grounds..towards their destination. Always- makes me think about where and how I belong in this spectrum.

Opportunity: Question your existence


Posted by Hinoti, SAATCHI & SAATCHI, INDIA

No comments:

Post a Comment