Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Frequent Traveler

Derwood has the vigour and energy of someone half his age. As the Managing Director of the Engineering firm he founded thirty years ago, his focus now is on its future, sorting out business and succession plans to ensure that his company continues to grow.


Active in several markets around the Asia-Pacific region, Derwood travels to ensure the relationships that are pivotal to his business are cultivated and grown.


“Travel is the backbone to my business. My name is on the front door – of course I’m going to bloody make sure that I build and maintain my contacts around the country and around the region!”


Derwood sees the future of travel as “more of the same”. “I don’t know whether you can really innovate anymore. I think online check-in is quite nice, but for me, if you’re going to change air travel, you’re going to have to change the feel of air travel… make it feel less like we’re all cattle!”


Change the feel of air travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment