Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Travel everywhere but live in Shanghai

Tracy, a marketing manager of a foreign alcohol company, is 35 years old and has more than 10 years of working experience in marketing and sales. Like a typical successful working lady in Shanghai, Tracy enjoys her current job and lifestyle quite well.

“If you talk about the future, I believe the first priority is to marry myself off,” she laughed. “In terms of career development, I think I do quite well compared to others because I’ve married my career already.” She’s correct. Tracy is a young person who believes in 'working hard and playing hard'; she’s also a party animal and never hides her sexy image even during the day time.

“I’ve tried lots of different airlines, mostly are for business, such as Virgin, United Airlines, Air France, ANA, China Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, etc.” Tracy showed her co-brand credit cards and mileage club cards and further explained, “Usually I select flights according to my schedule, but 99% I will choose these airlines and their alliances to get benefits from their royalty programs and promotions, you know my last vacation in Hainan started from free tickets for two redeemed by Phoenix mileage program.” She has three cards in hand which are Phoenix Miles (Star Alliance) which is her most often used card, and Eastern Miles and Sky Pearl Card (Sky Team).

Her criteria of choosing airlines especially for middle to long flights are brand reputation, local relevance, service and promotions. “Although a big name is important, I prefer select Japan airlines when I fly to Japan and SQ to South Asia.” But after all, we found service is the most key element for Tracy. When we asked her to describe her ideal business trip, she spent a lot of time to talk about her previous experiences in terms of comfort of seat space, in-flight dining and entertainment program, as well as a lovely, humorous steward she met at Virgin. “It would be better if they can provide extra services such as hotel rental discount, VIP waiting room service and transfer visa etc.”

“Emirates? Yes I’ve heard about it but never tried it before.” Like most Chinese travelers, Emirates is still a brand new name with a very  blurry image to Tracy. “My only impression about Emirates is its expensive price, but I cannot tell you more about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment