Friday, October 30, 2009

The UK on Emirates

I spoke with a travel journalist about his thoughts on Emirates.

“Emirates has a good legacy in terms of its brand positioning. It did well to be one of the first to align themselves with sport and other sponsorship deals. These days however, it’s an airline that has become stuck in eras past, what with younger, more innovative airlines cropping up all over the Middle East. What’s interesting about Emirates though, is that it is closely linked to what is good and bad about Dubai. When you think Dubai, you think Emirates. So the airline, like the city, has experienced its rises and falls.”

I met Yasmin Arrigo, an editor, at a Conference on Incentive Travel.

“Because of its tie with Dubai, I don’t really see Emirates as being a green airline. I think a lot of people see Dubai as a developer’s paradise, which isn’t the most environmentally friendly view.”

Make Emirates a representative of Dubai’s future.

I later spoke with Jill Sayles, an assistant editor at Travel Bulletin.

“Emirates is certainly an up-market airline. I would call them more corporate than human in terms of the friendliness and approachability of their cabin crew. Having a great experience with the cabin crew plays an important role in my decision.”

Infuse the Midas touch with the human touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment